Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pickpocketing Is More Lucrative Than Auto Engineering and it's very easy - Suspect says

18 year old pickpocket thief has been arrested in Lagos State and he disclosed that he ran away from auto engineering to pickpocketing because it was more lucrative


The suspect, Seun Jimoh, 18, from Ondo State was arrested on early hours on Tuesday, in Oshodi while in the act. He had already stolen four mobile phones from unsuspecting commuters in an early morning rush in the area

In his confessional statement, he said: On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I am always in Oshodi pickpocketing. I stole an average of eight phones on Mondays and maybe like nine phones on Fridays. I don’t really get more than five phones on Wednesdays 

He added, " am an orphan. I was brought to Lagos by my uncle. He enlisted me in an auto – mobile workshop but I ran away from there to Mushin where I honed my skills in pickpocketing. All the phones that I stole, I sell them in Alaba Rago to some Hausas. They buy fairly used phones and materials from people. I have been in this business since 2013. I have never been caught or imprisoned before" 

In his words, “nobody needs to train you on how to pickpocket. It is so easy and the idea came naturally to me. You can do it but you do the easy ones. I get to Oshodi by 6:30 a.m. and I leave after operations around 9:00 a.m : I sell Nokia Microsoft N7, 000:00; Infinix Hot N8,000; Tecno Y series, N7,000 – N9,000 and small Samsung phones N4, 000:00


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...