Tuesday, October 25, 2016

20-year-old beauty queen told to 'stop EATING breakfast and only eat salad for lunch' ahead of contest

An undeniably stunning 20-year-old model - Miss Iceland - is refusing a 'request to stop eating' if she wants to do well in a beauty contest .


Former gymnast and pole vaulter Arna Ýr Jónsdóttir claims she was told she should adjust her diet to succeed in the grand finale - by Miss Grand International founder and Thai TV presenter Nawat Itsaragrisil.

Charity gala event tonight, I'm sure the evening will be lovely ❤️✨ #missgrandiceland #missgrandinternational2016 #missgrandinternational #mgi2016

According to Mirror In a message she is alleged to have received - before what's widely regarded as one of the world's top beauty pageants this week - she claims to have been told: “Stop eating breakfast, eat just salad for lunch and drink water every evening until the contest.

"[Itsaragrisil] is telling you this because he likes you and wants you to do well in this contest.”
Jónsdóttir, who is from Reykjavik in Iceland, told the local paper The Iceland Monitor : "If the owner of the contest really wants me to lose weight and doesn’t like me the way I am, then he doesn’t deserve to have me in the Top 10.



"Yes, my shoulders are a bit broader than the other girls’ but that is because I was a member of the Icelandic national athletics team and I am proud of that.


 The swimsuit competition is today!
Starting the day early to rehearsal the routine 👏🏼 #missgrandiceland #missgrandinternational #missgrandinternational2016 #mgi2016


Grand Canyon ✨😍 #missgrandiceland #missgrandinternational #missgrandinternational2016 #mgi2016

Just have to post another picture from this amazing trip 2 days ago to Grand Canyon!✨✨✨ #missgrandinternational2016 #missgrandinternational #missgrandiceland #mgi2016

The Westgate is so beautiful! I wish I could show you every inch of it but I guess you'll just have to visit it 😍👌🏼 #mgi2016 #missgrandinternational2016 #missgrandinternational #missgrandiceland #Westgate #lasvegas #lasvegas
 With the beautiful Miss Grand Thailand few moments before we saw the amazing Grand Canyon ✨

#missgrandinternational2016 #missgrandinternational #missgrandiceland #mgi2016




"Of course, I don’t take these comments to heart, but to do my best then hear this…
"Personally, I think I’m fine as I am."

Jónsdóttir has now decided to quit the contest.
She said: “I no longer have any interest in doing my best in this competition after receiving that message.

"This is definitely the last contest I shall be taking part in.”

Picture from yesterday ✨
Thank you MGI for this nice shot 😀

#missgrandiceland #missgrandinternational #missgrandinternational2016 #mgi2016
 With the beautiful and sweet Miss India❤️ #missgrandinternational2016 #missgrandinternational #missgrandiceland #mgi2016


Cocktail party tonight ✨✨ #missgrandinternational2016 #missgrandinternational #missgrandiceland #mgi2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...