Thursday, December 15, 2016

Doris Payne, 86-year-old international jewel thief arrested after allegedly pocketing diamond necklace


Police arrested an 86-year-old who was once a notorious jewel thief in the 1970s after she allegedly pocketed a $2,000 diamond necklace at at Atlanta-area department store



Doris Payne now faces shoplifting charges related to the attempted theft at the Von Maur department store on Tuesday. 

According to Dunwoody police spokesperson, she was caught trying to slip the expensive accoutrement into her back pocket on her way out of the retailer


Hollywood has even acted a film based on her Notorious criminal lifestyle 'The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne',  Her criminal record dates back to 1952, with successful heists from San Diego to Monte Carlo, Las Vegas to Paris


Ms Payne began stealing high-end jewelry in her 20s. She said she realised she could support herself by performing the lifts. Ms Payne also realised her talent as a child that she could simply walk out of the store with an expensive item after a clerk let her try on watches and forgot

There’s never been a day that I went to steal that I did not get what I went to do," I don’t dictate what happens when I walk in the store. The people in charge dictate what happens with me when I walk in the store,” she said. “I don’t tell a person in the store I want to see something that costs $10,000. 
“They make those decisions based on how I present myself and how I look."

 


https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/doris-payne-435.jpg


 http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Doris-Payne.jpg

 Doris Payne, 86-year-old international jewel thief arrested after allegedly pocketing diamond necklace









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...