Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Student who was bullied for being too tall at school set to challenge record for the world's longest legs...

Holly Burt, a 20-year-old design student from Florida, has emerged in a bid to trump current record holder - model Lauren Williams - who has 49 inch pinsHolly – who is 6ft 5ins tall – said she was picked on at school for being so tall – but added since moving to New York two years ago, men love her figure

Holly Burt, a 20-year-old design student from Florida, has emerged in a bid to trump current record holder - model Lauren Williams - who has 49 inch pins. she was bullied over her height is inching her way into the record books with what she believes are the longest legs in the US - measuring a whopping 49.5 inches. see more photos after the cut...


Holly – who is 6ft 5ins tall – said she was picked on at school for being so tall – but added since moving to New York two years ago, men love her figure.

Holly said: 'Back in middle school I was called daddy long legs, tree or giraffe - but the dating scene has gotten better since I moved to New York.
'I definitely have seen guys come up to me who have a fetish for long legs.
'When people see me in heels their jaws hit the floor.
'I have a rule that I won't date anyone under 6ft 3in and fortunately New York is full of tall, hot men.

'If I see someone in a bar who is taller than me I will go straight over and try to chat him up.
'My legs are definitely an asset now, being older I feel like people appreciate them more.'
Holly was always destined to reach great heights as extreme stature runs in her family.
She said: 'I first realised I was really tall when I was in 2nd grade and I was taller than my teacher.
'My mum is 6ft 1in, my dad is 6ft 3in, and my sister is 6ft. I happen to be the youngest and the tallest in my family.
'My grandpa who just passed was 6ft 8in, my uncle is 6ft 7in, so it's a really, really tall family.'
Holly, who is 6ft 5ins tall, admits she was bullied over her height at school. Holly said: 'Back in middle school I was called daddy long legs, tree or giraffe - but the dating scene has gotten better since I moved to New York'



Holly says her love life has improved since moving to New York. She added: 'I have a rule that I won't date anyone under 6ft 3in and fortunately New York is full of tall, hot men'


Holly believes her legs are definitely an asset now, 'being older I feel like people appreciate them more'


Holly Burt (far left) with friends at age 11 at Jacksonville Beach, Florida, in 2006. Growing up she used her height to her advantage playing a variety of sports and helping her shorter friends


Holly  said: 'I was always picked first for sports - I played soccer for ten years and basketball for seven or eight - I was included because I was so tall.'


Growing up, Holly said she used her height to her advantage playing a variety of sports and helping her shorter friends - and used to help her friends reach things in high places a lot 


Holly said she is hoping her legs will generate good opportunities adding that she's open to modelling again

Holly posing with her friend Kristen Smith

For now Holly - who boasts 49.5inch legs - plans to focus on her studies and graduate college but hopes her legs will take her far in the future


Holly, pictured with a passer-by, said: She said: 'I love the attention that I get. I've been tall all my life and sometimes I was picked on so now it's like I'm being recognised for something good.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...